A Working Group on String Phenomenology
- With James Gray (VT) and Ilarion Melnikov (JMU), we formed a working group on A Synthesis of Two Approaches to String Phenomenology between Virginia Tech and James Madison University. This 4-VA funded initiative supports joint seminars and workshops and the training of graduate and undergraduate students in String Phenomenology.
A Three Workshop Series on the Mathematics and Physics of F-theory
- An F-theory Workshop Series An NSF supported three workshop series (2016 - 2019) rotating between Virginia Tech, Harvard University and Florida State University, that will explore F-theory and singular Calabi-Yau geometry. The first workshop was held in October 2016 at Virginia Tech. The second worksop will be held at Harvard in September 2018. Co-organized with Paolo Aluffi (Florida State), Mboyo Esole (Northesastern), and Shing-Tung Yau (Harvard).
A Semester Long Program on the Geometry and Physics of Hitchin Systems
- With Laura Schaposnik (Univeristy of Illinois, Chicago), I am organizing a semester long program on the Geometry and Physics of Hitchin Systems at the Simons Center for Geometry and Physics in Spring 2019.
Oberwolfach Workshop on the Geometry and Physics of Higgs Bundles
- An Oberwolfach Workshop on the Geometry and Physics of Higgs Bundles will be held in May 2019. Co-organized with Tamas Hausel (IST Austria), Rafe Mazzeo (Stanford University) and Laura Schaposnik (Univeristy of Illinois, Chicago)
Bethe Forum on Grand Unification in the Real World
- A 2018 Bethe Forum on Grand Unification in the Real World" at the University of Bonn, Germany in May 2018. Co-organized with Kaladi Babu (Oklahoma State), Herbi Dreiner (Bonn), and Stuart Raby (Ohio State).
Harvard F-theory Workshop
- The second workshop in the Three Workshop Series on the Physics and Mathematics of F-theory described above will be held at Harvard in September 2018.
Conference for Undergraduate Women in Physics at Virginia Tech
- With Giti Khodaparast (VT), I organized an American Physical Society Conference for Undergraduate Women in Physics (CUWiP) at Virginia Tech: VT CUWiP 2017 in January 2017.
String Phenomenology 2017
- With James Gray (VT), I co-organized the 15th annual international String Phenomenology Conference at Virginia Tech. String Pheno 2017 was held in July 2017.
AIM Workshop on Singular Geometry and Higgs Bundles in String Theory
- A workshop on Singular geometry and Higgs bundles in string theory at the American Institute of Mathematics was held in October 2017. Co-organized with Mboyo Esole (Northesastern), Laura Frederickson (Stanford) and Laura Schaposnik (Univeristy of Illinois, Chicago). A related review article we wrote is available here .
Simons Center for Geometry and Physics Workshop
- A workshop on New Perspectives on Higgs Bundles, Branes and Quantization, June 13-17, 2016. Funded by the Simons Center for Geometry and Physics. Co-organized with David Baraglia (University of Adelaide), Laura Schaposnik (Univeristy of Illinois, Chicago), and Vivek Shende (Berkeley).
Current trends on spectral data for Higgs Bundles II
- A weekend workshop, June 11-12 2016 preceeding the Simons Workshop above. Co-organized with Laura Schaposnik (University of Illinois, Chicago), with support from the Simons Center for Geometry and Physics and the GEAR Network.
- With Mark Goodsell (Jussieu) and Apostolos Pilaftsis (Manchester), I organized/convened a special session on "Formal SUSY and Strings" at SUSY 2014 at the University of Manchester (UK).
Bethe Forum 2012
- Part of the organizing committee for the 4th Bethe Center Workshop and Forum on Strings and Unification, at the University of Bonn (Germany).
String Vacuum Project Meeting 2011
- Part of the organizing committee for the 2011 String Vacuum Project conference at the University of Pennsylvania.